In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the programme is subject to change from time to time. Please re-visit the website for updated details.
26-28th November 2021
Cheung Kung Hai Conference Center, G/F, William MW Mong Block, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Orthopaedic Surgery & Musculoskeletal Oncology: Technologies, Innovation & Beyond
You can register your interest for free to get the latest information of the event. Official registration will be announced at a later date.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Submission Deadline: 1 August 2021
Policies Governing Accepted Submissions:
- Abstracts must be submitted online by 1 August 2021 to be eligible for review by the Program Committee.
- Once an abstract is accepted, additional authors cannot be added.
- Acceptance or rejection letters and all future correspondence will be emailed to the Presenter listed on the Abstract Submission Form.
- The Presenter MUST be a past or current fellow of Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, the University of Hong Kong. The Presenter should be one of the authors.
- Abstracts not accepted for an oral presentation may be invited for an E-Poster presentation.
- The paper is to be original, unpublished work.
- The Program Committee reserves the right to withdraw a presentation/ E-Poster at any time.
- In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the programme is subject to change from time to time. Please re-visit the event website for updated details.
Instructions to complete abstract submission:
- TITLE: Be brief and indicate the nature of the study.
- Authors: A maximum of 6 co-authors can be submitted.
- CONTENT: The abstract must include four parts:
- Should clearly state the problem and the purpose of the study
- Should describe what was actually done
- Should contain the findings of the study and summarize the key findings
- Should be based upon the findings and relate to the stated purpose of the study and existing knowledge
- LENGTH: Type the abstract in English on the Electronic Submission Form (300 words max).
- SUBMISSIONS: An Electronic Submission Form is provided below for all submissions. The abstract submission deadline for is 1 August 2021.
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: The Program Committee will review the abstracts and notify the Presenter of acceptance by email by mid-October 2021. The Program Committee reserves the right to withdraw a presentation/ E-Poster at any time.
- REGISTRATION FEES: The registration fee will be waived for all abstracts accepted for oral presentation.
Each oral presentation will be approximately 3-5 minutes in length. The session is conducted in a hybrid format, either in-person or via the provided telecommunication link.
Those who choose to present in-person, standard audio-visual equipment include an LED screen for projection and Windows Computer. Personal laptops cannot be used for presentations.
To be confirmed
|College / Association||Result: CME / CPD / Training Points|
|HKWC CNE / PEM Accreditation Panel||Pending|
|The Hong Kong College of Family Physicians||Pending|
|The Hong Kong College of Orthopaedic Surgeons||Pending|
|Hong Kong College of Physicians||Pending|
|Hong Kong Physiotherapy Association Ltd.||Pending|
|Hong Kong Society of Certified Prosthetist-Orthotists||Pending|
|Non-specialists CME (DH/HKDU/HKAM/HKMA)||Pending|
|Occupational Therapists Board||Pending|
17th Hong Kong International Orthopaedic Forum
Professor Christopher AMES
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Professor Zsolt BALOGH
University of Newcastle, Australia
Professor Youn-Soo PARK
Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
Associate Professor Tom WAINWRIGHT
Orthopaedic Research Institute, Bournemouth University, United Kingdom
3rd HKU International Musculoskeletal Tumour Course
Professor Wei Ming CHEN
National Yang-Ming University, Vice Superintendent of Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
Professor Andreas LEITHNER
Medical University of Graz, Austria
Professor Xiao Hui NIU
Beijing Jishuitan Hospital, Peking University, China
Professor Pietro RUGGIERI
University of Padova, Italy
Professor Jin WANG
Sun Yat-sen University, China
Dr. Lewis Chan (Chairman)
Dr. Albert Lam (Chairman)
Dr. Terence Pun (Co-Chairman)
Dr. Raymond Yau (Co-Chairman)
Dr. KH Ng
Dr. WY Ho
Dr. TM Wong
Dr. Paul Koljonen
Dr. Noah So
Dr. Chris Tang
Dr. Anderson Leung
Dr. Vincent Chan
Dr. Graham Shea
Dr. Peter Siu
Dr. Colin Yung
Dr. Janus Wong
Dr. Gabriel Leung
Ms. YF Fung
Ms. Winnie Koon
Ms. Kammy Law
Mr. Jazz Ma
Ms. Jacqueline Ng
Ms. Tiffany Yuen